Sunday, November 1, 2009

Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black) Top Quality


I've been using the new Canon SD 780 for about a week now, and I like it. I've been a Canon point-and-shoot fan for some time. In my opinion Canon has the best optics. I have a Canon G10 for higher-end photography and although it is a compact camera, it is not quite a pocket camera. I wanted something I could easily keep in my shirt pocket all the time and the SD 780 fits the bill perfectly. I find that I shoot a lot less if I don't have a really compact camera available. The SD 780 is Canon's smallest camera to date.

It's easy to use and the Canon layout is excellent. The buttons are small and it may take a day or two to get used to them, especially if you have big hands. The HD video is really great and noticeably better quality than the 640 x 480 mode of my G10. My quibbles are few:

-- 3.2 maximum aperture instead of the usual 2.8

-- No optical zoom in the movie mode.

-- Grainy images at ISO of 400 and higher. This is a problem with most point-and shoot cameras, even my G10.

Overall, considering the very small size, it's a great camera.Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment