Friday, October 23, 2009

Buying Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black)


I love my SD780. I won't bore you with a lot of stuff, just hit the highlights.
* Great pictures in a variety of situations. 12 megapixels makes for some super sharp photos.
* 720p HD video looks great. To think you have a HD camera that's not much bigger than most cell phones is incredible.
* Simple layout of buttons and features, though I wish some buttons were raised in order to give tactile clue of layout in dark or situations where it's faster to not look at the camera.
* Long battery life. I've taken pictures at Disneyland, car shows, and just in general, where I'm literally taking pictures all day long and have not had the battery warning come up once. I've been able to take something like 350 pictures in a day before the battery finally gives out.
* The compact size makes it easy to take anywhere. I carry my cameras with me all day long, and having a small camera sure makes things easier.
* It has a viewfinder! Compact cameras like this don't often come with a viewfinder. I have a Leica D Lux-3 and even THAT doesn't come with a viewfinder. It makes things easier when you can't use the screen.
* Speaking of the screen, good size for such a little camera. Quite sharp.
* Software that comes with it is redundant to what is most likely already on your computer. On my Mac I just use Image Capture to download pictures. It's easier and quicker, and doesn't require dealing with proprietary software.
* Best ELPH I've owned yet. Smaller by half to my old S500, with twice the megapixels.
* Great little camera.Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment