Saturday, October 24, 2009

Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black) Best Quality


My son dropped my Canon SD1100is, a great camera that I loved, so I bought SD780is as a replacement, and was ultimately disappointed and returned the camera. Both cameras are a very convenient size and they use the same battery. Problems I encountered with the SD780is are (1) that the door/piece/cover that covers where the battery and SD card are inserted was loose. It shifted/wiggled/moved every time I took a picture, just a little bit but enough to be annoying and unacceptable in an almost-$300 point-and-shoot camera. It just felt cheap and wrong given the price that I paid and given that other cameras don't do this. At first I planned to exchange the camera, but then I found that the cover wiggled on the 2nd SD780is that I looked at too, so I got a refund. (2) Second, the HD video was a primary reason that I bought the SD780is instead of SD1200is, but when I viewed the HD video on my computers it consistently had a line/defect/artifact? through the video-not good. (3) Third, at one point the 780 camera screen didn't seem to turn on and function when I hit the power button, though later at the store it did turn on for the salesperson, so I'm not sure how to explain this unusual event. (4) Fourth, still picture lighting and flashing was inconsistent, producing some disappointing photos in normal-usage situations. (5) Lastly, shutter lag is a problem; there's often what feels like a half-second delay between the time that you push the button and when the picture is taken; this is a problem with a lot of point and shoots but is quite annoying even if lots of cameras have a similar flaw. Overall, this might be an okay camera but I would also consider alternatives, especially considering the price. I expected the newer, more expensive, SD780is to perform better than my older, cheaper SD1100is, but it did not deliver as I hoped and expected it would.Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment