Thursday, October 29, 2009

Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black) Get it now!


I bought an SD770 from amazon 3 months ago which is another 5-star. With the recent HD pocket cam craze, I wanted to get in on the action, and bought Kodak Zi6. DISAPPOINTING. Twice the size of this cam. Then bought Vado HD. A little better quality, still not great HD quality. I realized that all the video samples I had seen were played on my PC screen, and not on a HDTV. So, once I plugged the Vado to my HDTV, I was disappointed. But decided to keep it regardless. Very soon, I realized the drawback - I would have to carry two devices, both my SD770 and the Vado HD. Looking for solution - ENTER SD780 IS.

WOW!! The best video quality I have seen so far. This thing is MADE IN JAPAN (like it's older bro SD770) and the build quality makes me think it was manufactured by UFO flying aliens. The black LOOKS SICK!!

Canon must not compress the video as much as Vado, even in HD+ mode. In HD+ mode, Vado shows 2h:12m remaining on 8GB. Canon shows only 44m n 8GB. May be that has something to do with "smoother" quality video.

Overall.. 780IS 720p video OWNS them all - in the compact HD category. Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment