Monday, October 26, 2009

Save Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black)


I have a Konica Minolta Dimage X1 8MP Digital Camera with 3x Anti Shake Zoom (Cradle Included) which I love and have used for years but my problem was that only I could take pictures in focus with it. Which defeats the point and shoot aspect of a small camera.

So a few years later I upgraded. After reading reviews of all different brands and testing them at my local electronic super store, I decided on this Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

I am very happy with it and will continue to recommend it to friends looking for a new camera.

Its smaller than my old camera which was the smallest at the time and has a 12.1-megapixel resolution. Being able to carry the camera in my front pocket with ease is what I love about small cameras.

It takes great pictures, but most importantly to me is that other people can take great pictures with it and the camera stays in focus. Which means I can ask a stranger on the street to take a picture of something with me in the shot and it turns out every time. Very important to me.

Setting the camera to "smart auto" automatically selects an appropriate setting from 18 specially defined settings when I take a picture and it works.

Optical Image Stabilizer works like a charm to help with the hand shakes.

The face detection is awesome and works well thanks to the advanced DIGIC 4 image processor in the camera. A Face Detection Self-Timer automatically detects an increase in the number of faces and makes the appropriate adjustments so you can set up the family for the picture, jump in the group and still get a perfect shot. The camera knows when you are in place because it can "see" your face.

Red eye correction works as it should. Either the camera can be set to remove the red eyes from the picture when it detects them or after you take the picture you can go back into the picture while it is on your camera and remove them. Its easy to use and works.

The camera feels very well made but if you have a hard time pressing small buttons beware the camera has only small buttons. Not a problem for me though.

HD video mode works great and looks better. The HDMI out port makes hooking the camera up to my HDTV a snap. 280 x 720 resolution, 30 minutes / 4GB

Love the 100% all black

I am very happy with this camera and look forward to using it as my pocket camera for years to come.Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment