Saturday, October 24, 2009

Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black) Right now


I bought this camera about one month back for an upcoming vacation. In that time, I can honestly say that this camera is the best for the price. Pictures... videos... they all come out excellent.

I viewed the pictures on my TV (52" LCD) and I can state that they were the sharpest, most detailed pictures of all of my previous digital cameras (4 before the SD780 IS). Usually, when taking pictures, I leave the camera on the Auto mode and, for the most part, the pictures will come out great. For those other occasions, I switch to the Program mode and adjust the settings from there. I have not noticed any serious noise while taking pictures in low light. In fact, I shot quite a few pictures in a museum and the ones without the flash turned out better than those with the flash. The Image Stabilization mode works wonderfully. I've actually taken pictures while walking, but you would never know it by looking at the photos. 3X zoom is adequate most of the time, but I do wish it went a bit further.

The video quality is awesome for a camera in this class. I've converted the video to AVCHD DVD and played it back on my BlueRay player and I could not believe the quality. As far as I'm concerned, I no longer need my old mini DV video camera as this does most everything better. The video is sharp and smooth in the 720 mode. The only drawback is that you cannot use the optical zoom while recording. Set it ahead of time and you're fine. You can, however, use the digital zoom, but you can see the degradation in the video quality while using it beyond 2.5X zoom. Not terrible, but something to be aware of. I have read some of the previous reviews on the sound quality being poor, but as far as I'm concerned, the sound quality has been nothing short of excellent.

Battery life is good as I got about 20 minutes of video and 160 pictures on one charge. Pick up a second battery as a spare so you don't have to worry about missing any shots.

If you are looking for a simple point and shoot camera that takes excellent pictures and video, then this is the one for you.Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment