Friday, October 23, 2009

Cheap Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black)


I had been doing research into a pocket video camera and narrowed down my choices to either the MinoHD or the Vado HD until I came upon this camera. I read the rave reviews and decided to go down to the local best buy and check it out. It was so tiny and cool looking with a great list of features that I just had to have it! I started snapping some indoor and outdoor pics and videos as soon as I got home. I downloaded them to my computer and took a look at the results. They were not nearly as great as I was expecting after reading all the reviews so I decided to break out my old sd600 and take side by side shots and compare the two. I was shocked! My old sd600, which is only 6MP by the way, took much sharper, colorful and clearer pics than this camera! Even when I blew the pics up the sd600 still outperformed this camera. This made me wonder how the hd video would compare to the pocket cameras. I ordered the Vado HD from Amazon and received it two days later. I shot side by side video with both cameras to compare the two. The video from the Vado HD turned out to be much better in all lighting conditions. The video was clearer, sharper with better color saturation and was $100 less! So this camera is going back to best buy. Maybe I just happened to buy a lemon or maybe my old sd600 is just a really fantastic camera...who knows. I REALLY wanted to like this camera though! It looks really cool in red...lolGet more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment