Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black) Best Quality


This is an upgrade from my SD100. First off let me talk a little bit about what I'm comparing this to. The Canon SD100 was the first of the digital elph cameras and at the time it was very small, sleek and had a relatively high (3.2MP) resolution for a camera that size. Then, 10 years went by.. It took great pictures and was bulletbroof, I can't remember how many times I've dropped it in snow, mud, sand etc and the thing would not die! So it was apparent that I needed a new camera, just by looking at friends photos they took with a modern point and shoot camera.

I settled on the 780IS rather quickly, just going for the current $250-$300ish Canon elph. 12.1 MP is enough, can't see needing more than that for the next 10 years at least. We'll see though. I like how fast it powers up and the intuitive menu, that is still similar to my old SD100. The picture quality so far is great, I've been using it for a lot of nature shots and I've found I don't have to use the saturation setting as much in photoshop. It is also much lighter than the SD100, so better for backpacking and snowboarding and biking and anything else where weight matters. Going to Utah in a few months so I'll really put this baby to the test. Can't wait!Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment