Monday, October 19, 2009

Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black) Order Now


I had a Sony digital camera which I absolutely loved, but it was big and bulky and I wanted a smaller camera that was easier to take around--something I could just slip into my purse. My daughter had an older version of this camera and loved it, and the reviews on line were really good, so I bought it. Well, the size is definitely a plus. It is nice and small and fits easily into my small purse, even with the case I bought with it. Without the case, it can fit into my jeans pocket. However I am very disappointed in the video part of the camera. I realize it takes HD video, and that HD takes up more space and takes longer to upload, so I turned the HD off, since I mostly want my video clips for uploading onto the computer and do not care if they are in HD or not, but even lowering the size, it takes SO LONG to upload even the shortest video clip (1-1 1/2 min. clip takes a good 8-10 min or longer to upload) that its almost not worth it. Taking videos also totally drains the batteries. I bought a second battery, that I keep with me all the time. Since I love taking videos of my grandson to send to relatives on the computer, unfortunately this camera is not really what I want it to do. So unless I am doing something wrong when I am uploading (don't know how I could possibly be tho!) then I am disappointed in that part. As for the digital pictures though, they are great. So I will most likely keep the camera. Now I am looking at possibly buying myself a small video camera to supplement this camera. Any thoughts anyone? Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment