Sunday, October 18, 2009

Buy Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black)


This is my 5th digital camera, my second TINY camera. It is absolutely miraculous what Canon has stuffed into this little package. I am mostly interested in close-up photography of flowers, mushrooms, insects and other small subjects. I also want a camera that can fit in my jeans pocket - this is it. Usually I have to fiddle with settings to get the lighting/focus right, but this camera does an excellent job on FULL AUTO. I've uploaded a couple of insect photos - take a look at those.

Like all small cameras with a small flash, photos of subjects that are farther than about ten feet away don't always come out perfectly exposed - for this reason. I use the flash as infrequently as possible. Within the limits of the flash, it does a good job of illuminating faces and objects and not overexposing. It also achieves focus lock quickly - unlike other cameras I tested before purchasing this one.

The metal case (I bought the red one) feels substantial and sturdy, not cheesy. The buttons are small but I don't have any difficulty using them (I have average-sized female hands) but a big man might find it fumbly. It is REALLY small - about the size of a Blackberry Phone - with rounded corners. It slips easily into my front jeans pocket.

The image stabilization works very well - it is very hard to shoot close-ups of plants and insects without some movement - this camera eliminates the fuzz. Very impressive!

I always purchase an extended warranty for my digital equipment. SquareTrade offered the best warranty for the money. I've happy with my purchase and would highly recommend this camera for someone who wants portability and GREAT shots using the fully automatic functions, and who would like the option for programmability as well. There are MANY settings on this camera, I'm just not sure I'm going to need them!Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment