Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Save Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black)


I've owned had a few Canon cameras in the past, but I never really loved any of them. We relied on my serviceable SD550 for years, and I had brief experience with a SD750, which was technologically superior, but I found it unintuitive to use.

I just bought the SD780IS for a major trip and wow, I had a great experience with it. This camera is tiny, thin, truly ultracompact. The best features to my mind are that it focuses quickly; I love the face-recognition feature that helps with focusing; and it's low-light function and incredible zoom abilities blew my mind.

In addition to taking lots of pictures of people amidst complicated scenes, we spent time photographing cathedrals, which were both dark and detailed. This camera on the highest quality setting really did the trick. I ended up using it almost like a set of binoculars to examine the details of stained glass and statues later.

Three quick caveats: First, I have not fully explored the video function, which on first glance looks pretty good using the highest quality setting. Second, the shutter button is in a slightly awkward spot, but I got used to it. Third, the brushed-silver finish quickly started to discolor a bit where my fingers wrapped around on the front.

Overall though, this camera provides incredible function and value. I've finally found a Canon to fall in love with. Invest in a big memory card (8 GB gives me over 2000 photos on best quality) and enjoy!
Get more detail about Canon PowerShot SD780IS12.1 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Black).

No comments:

Post a Comment